1. Rogawski MA. Common pathophysiologic mechanisms in migraine and epilepsy. Arch Neurol 2008;65:709-714.
2. Ashina M. Migraine. N Engl J Med 2020;383:1866-1876.
3. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Summary Health Statistics: National Health Interview Survey. 2018. Available at https://ftp.cdc.gov/pub/Health_Statistics/NCHS/NHIS/SHS/2018_SHS_Table_A-5.pdf
4. Mahmoud AN, Mentias A, Elgendy AY, et al. Migraine and the risk of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular events: a meta-analysis of 16 cohort studies including 1 152 407 subjects. BMJ Open 2018;8:e020498.
5. Rohmann JL, Rist PM, Buring JE, Kurth T. Migraine, headache, and mortality in women: a cohort study. J Headache Pain 2020;21:27.
6. Munakata J, Hazard E, Serrano D, et al. Economic burden of transformed migraine: results from the American Migraine Prevalence and Prevention (AMPP) Study. Headache 2009;49:498-508.
7. Lipton RB, Bigal ME, Diamond M, Freitag F, Reed ML, Stewart WF. Migraine prevalence, disease burden, and the need for preventive therapy. Neurology 2007;68:343-349.
8. Migraine Research Foundation. Migraine Facts. 2021. Available at https://migraineresearchfoundation.org/about-migraine/migraine-facts/
9. GBD 2017 Disease and Injury Incidence and Prevalence Collaborators. Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 354 diseases and injuries for 195 countries and territories, 1990-2017: A systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017. Lancet 2018;392:1789-1858.
10. GBD 2016 Disease Injury Incidence Prevalence Collaborators. Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 328 diseases and injuries for 195 countries, 1990-2016: A systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016. Lancet 2017;390:1211-1259.
11. Bonafede M, Sapra S, Shah N, Tepper S, Cappell K, Desai P. Direct and indirect healthcare resource utilization and costs among migraine patients in the United States. Headache 2018;58:700-714.
12. Miller S, Matharu MS. Migraine is underdiagnosed and undertreated. Practitioner 2014;258:19-24, 12-13.
13. Ferrari MD, Roon KI, Lipton RB, Goadsby PJ. Oral triptans (serotonin 5-HT 1B/1D agonists) in acute migraine treatment: a meta-analysis of 53 trials. The Lancet 2001;358:1668-1675.
14. Lipton RB, Munjal S, Buse DC, Fanning KM, Bennett A, Reed ML. Predicting inadequate response to acute migraine medication: Results From the American Migraine Prevalence and Prevention (AMPP) Study. Headache 2016;56:1635-1648.
15. Irimia P, Palma JA, Fernandez-Torron R, Martinez-Vila E. Refractory migraine in a headache clinic population. BMC Neurol 2011;11:94.
16. Marmura MJ, Silberstein SD, Schwedt TJ. The acute treatment of migraine in adults: The American Headache Society evidence assessment of migraine pharmacotherapies. Headache 2015;55:3-20.
17. American Headache Society. The American Headache Society position statement on integrating new migraine treatments into clinical practice. Headache 2019;59:1-18.
1. Fisher RS, Acevedo C, Arzimanoglou A, et al. ILAE official report: a practical clinical definition of epilepsy. Epilepsia 2014;55:475-482.
2. Fisher RS, van Emde Boas W, Blume W, et al. Epileptic seizures and epilepsy: definitions proposed by the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE) and the International Bureau for Epilepsy (IBE). Epilepsia 2005;46:470-472.
3. Falco-Walter J. Epilepsy-Definition, Classification, Pathophysiology, and Epidemiology. Seminars in neurology 2020;40:617-623.
4. Bauman K, Devinsky O. Seizure Clusters: Morbidity and Mortality. Front Neurol 2021;12:636045.
5. VanHaerents S, Gerard EE. Epilepsy emergencies: Status epilepticus, acute repetitive seizures, and autoimmune encephalitis. CONTINUUM: Lifelong Learning in Neurology 2019;25:454-476.
6. McKee HR, Abou-Khalil B. Outpatient pharmacotherapy and modes of administration for acute repetitive and prolonged seizures. CNS Drugs 2015;29:55-70.
7. Penovich P. Acute repetitive seizures (ARS) or cluster seizures. 2020. Available at https://www.epilepsyfoundationmn.org/2020/01/14/acute-repetitive-seizures-ars-or-cluster-seizures/
8. Precedence Research. Acute Repetitive Seizures Market Size to Surpass Around US$ 4.3. 2020. Available at https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/12/14/2144602/0/en/Acute-Repetitive-Seizures-Market-Size-to-Surpass-Around-US-4-3-Bn-by-2027.html
9. Strzelczyk A, Schubert-Bast S. Expanding the Treatment Landscape for Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome: Current and Future Strategies. CNS Drugs 2021;35:61-83.
10. Ngugi AK, Bottomley C, Kleinschmidt I, Sander JW, Newton CR. Estimation of the burden of active and life-time epilepsy: a meta-analytic approach. Epilepsia 2010;51:883-890.
11. GBD 2016 Epilepsy Collaborators. Global, regional, and national burden of epilepsy, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016. Lancet Neurol 2019;18:357-375.
12. Zack MM, Kobau R. National and State Estimates of the Numbers of Adults and Children with Active Epilepsy – United States, 2015. MMWR Morbidity and mortality weekly report 2017;66:821-825.
13. World Health Organization. Epilepsy: A public health imperative Geneva 2019.
14. Libby AM, Ghushchyan V, McQueen RB, Slejko JF, Bainbridge JL, Campbell JD. Economic differences in direct and indirect costs between people with epilepsy and without epilepsy. Medical care 2012;50:928-933.
15. Examining the economic impact and implications of epilepsy. American Journal of Managed Care 2020;Supplement.
16. Cramer JA, Wang ZJ, Chang E, et al. Healthcare utilization and costs in adults with stable and uncontrolled epilepsy. Epilepsy Behav 2014;31:356-362.
17. French JA, Kanner AM, Bautista J, et al. Efficacy and tolerability of the new antiepileptic drugs, II: Treatment of refractory epilepsy: report of the TTA and QSS Subcommittees of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Epilepsy Society. Epilepsia 2004;45:410-423.
18. Beghi E. The Epidemiology of Epilepsy. Neuroepidemiology 2020;54:185-191.
19. Dalic L, Cook MJ. Managing drug-resistant epilepsy: challenges and solutions. Neuropsychiatric disease and treatment 2016;12:2605-2616.
20. Beghi E. Addressing the burden of epilepsy: Many unmet needs. Pharmacological Research 2016;107:79-84.
21. Begley CE, Durgin TL. The direct cost of epilepsy in the United States: A systematic review of estimates. Epilepsia 2015;56:1376-1387.